I'm responsible for overseeing the upcoming upgrade and installation of three new series 4 Christie 4K RGB laser projectors, along with replacement of 10+ year old screens, and wanted to get some input or discussion on the potential effects of transitioning to 1.0 or 1.5 gain screen at that same time. In one of our three houses, we still run 35mm reel-to-reel, and have gotten quotes on new systems to include a NorthView 1.5 gain micro-perf Pearlescent White screen in this house (along with a CP4420-RGB with a 1.45-2.17:1 UHC lens), but I'm curious about the potential effects, drawbacks, and/or implications of this decision on our 35mm presentations.
This is by far the largest project I've ever overseen and I'm learning a lot about the factors that need to be considered, and figured I'd do my due diligence to ask some of you fine folks. I tried to browse the forum to see if there's been a similar discussion on this topic already but didn't come across anything.
This is by far the largest project I've ever overseen and I'm learning a lot about the factors that need to be considered, and figured I'd do my due diligence to ask some of you fine folks. I tried to browse the forum to see if there's been a similar discussion on this topic already but didn't come across anything.
Comment