Hi, newbie on 35mm screening here. So feel free to tell me how wrong I am doing things.
Let me explain to you my problem. I have a kinoton FP30 with reverse scan optical sound (it also has the dolby digital reader, but I don't use it for now). What I'm doing right now to get sound from it is getting the positive part of the balanced output (made a simple rca apadter) and connect it directly to my tx-sr875. Even though it does not sound bad at all, I noticed that I had to boost the sound like crazy to get a decent volume. In that moment I realized that the level output by the projector is way below line level.
Right now I don't want to get myself into buying a proper dolby processor since I would like to do that when I decide to upgrade to digital also buying all the proper necessary equipment like the test films from dolby, a sound pressure measuring device, etc.
Do you guys know of any way I can boost a bit the current stereo signal to feed it properly to my onkyo receiver?
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Let me explain to you my problem. I have a kinoton FP30 with reverse scan optical sound (it also has the dolby digital reader, but I don't use it for now). What I'm doing right now to get sound from it is getting the positive part of the balanced output (made a simple rca apadter) and connect it directly to my tx-sr875. Even though it does not sound bad at all, I noticed that I had to boost the sound like crazy to get a decent volume. In that moment I realized that the level output by the projector is way below line level.
Right now I don't want to get myself into buying a proper dolby processor since I would like to do that when I decide to upgrade to digital also buying all the proper necessary equipment like the test films from dolby, a sound pressure measuring device, etc.
Do you guys know of any way I can boost a bit the current stereo signal to feed it properly to my onkyo receiver?
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Comment