Metric Ultrasonic 3001 & 5001 Splicer Manuals

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gordon Lupien
    Newbie
    • Jan 2024
    • 18
    • Rochester, NY, USA

    #1

    Metric Ultrasonic 3001 & 5001 Splicer Manuals

    Does anyone have access to manuals for Metric Model 3001 and 5001 Ultrasonic splicers? I'm trying to understand the interchangeable plate designs and how to operate them correctly. Anyone with experience using these? I see many configured for microfilm.

    It looks like the Model 3001 can do splices on 8mm, super 8, 16mm and 35mm Estar/Polyester.

    Thank you for any information you can provide.
  • Michael Zarits
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 85
    • Austria

    #2
    I have my 3001 configured for 35mm but can also do 16 and 8mm by changing the plates and set the according switch. There is a worm screw on each side that holds the plates in place. Technically you can do any film size that fits within the maximum width (35mm for the 3001) with the corresponding plate.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      Originally posted by Gordon Lupien
      Does anyone have access to manuals for Metric Model 3001 and 5001 Ultrasonic splicers? I'm trying to understand the interchangeable plate designs and how to operate them correctly. Anyone with experience using these? I see many configured for microfilm.

      It looks like the Model 3001 can do splices on 8mm, super 8, 16mm and 35mm Estar/Polyester.

      Thank you for any information you can provide.
      When I worked for CLACO Equipment in Salt Lake City, they had a couple Metrics in the parts room. But that was a long time ago, and you'd have to call them and ask if they still have them, or the manuals. Ask for Clayton... 801-355-1250

      Comment

      • Gordon Lupien
        Newbie
        • Jan 2024
        • 18
        • Rochester, NY, USA

        #4
        Thank you for the info, and I'll give him a try!

        Comment

        Working...