Hard reset SDDS D3000

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Raia
    Pro Film Handler
    • Dec 2024
    • 286
    • Newburgh, New York

    #16
    Well great news! I got it to work! I reseated all the boards a couple of times, took the board out from the reader and cleaned it, reseated all the connections and it works. Still can't it to connect with laptop. The new null modem cable is delayed till tomorrow.
    i will have to make adjustments, of course. The center channel is way low and drowned out by the other channels and the lip sync is way off.

    Comment

    • Frank Raia
      Pro Film Handler
      • Dec 2024
      • 286
      • Newburgh, New York

      #17
      Well update... It stopped working again. I think I figured it out. The cable port on the reader is acting very finicky. If I position the cable just right, it works no problem. So the system is working with finicky cable port. If it moves out of its preferred position, the led's come on and stay lit. It looses connectivity with the processor and the system ok light goes out. If I could find another cable I could rule out the cable but I'm sure those chances are slim.

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1168
        • Reading, UK

        #18
        That’s great news!
        i recommend some lubricated contract cleaner (de-oxit or so), hopefully that will do.

        I don’t find dry cleaners to be particularly effective.
        I’d imagine the head is missing the serial communication with the DFP so it stays in a limbo all the time waiting for the processor to come online?

        Later on I’ll try and see if I can use the SDDS software under windows 11

        Comment

        • Michael Zarits
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 85
          • Austria

          #19
          I run a Windows 98 virtual machine on a modern PC, and it works great.

          Comment

          • Marco Giustini
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1168
            • Reading, UK

            #20
            That’s probably another option for sure.

            Comment

            • Frank Raia
              Pro Film Handler
              • Dec 2024
              • 286
              • Newburgh, New York

              #21
              I did get the new null modem cable and it is working with Windows XP!


              Comment

              • Marco Giustini
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1168
                • Reading, UK

                #22
                ah-ha! Amazing! All is resolved then! Congratulations!

                Startech usually sell good stuff.

                Comment

                Working...