Hi all.
I need a recommendation as to the maximum lamp current I can use to screen 16mm from a Kinoton FP38E. Hoping someone here can help, as the manual has no information. Empirical answers are welcome. Our machine has a 7000w lamphouse, with the large heat filter, and chilled water cooling for the gate. We have been running it on 82 Amps for years with no issues. Both the film and the projector survive feature length runs. I think it was set up for 12 foot lamberts. There is also a small slip-in heat mask that goes just behind the gate for 16mm. Now somebody wants an image about 4 times the size to match the DCP 1.85 screen height. Can it be done? What experiences has anybody had above 82 Amps?
Any and all opinions welcome.
Thanks.
I need a recommendation as to the maximum lamp current I can use to screen 16mm from a Kinoton FP38E. Hoping someone here can help, as the manual has no information. Empirical answers are welcome. Our machine has a 7000w lamphouse, with the large heat filter, and chilled water cooling for the gate. We have been running it on 82 Amps for years with no issues. Both the film and the projector survive feature length runs. I think it was set up for 12 foot lamberts. There is also a small slip-in heat mask that goes just behind the gate for 16mm. Now somebody wants an image about 4 times the size to match the DCP 1.85 screen height. Can it be done? What experiences has anybody had above 82 Amps?
Any and all opinions welcome.
Thanks.
There seems to be a reasonable amount of head-room above our normal 82 Amps.
Comment