September 2026: Due to a software update, all users will be required to change their password.
Use the login dialog to enter your credentials and follow the link to change your password.
If you don't know your password or user name, use the "Forgot Password" link in the login dialog.
OK, thanks. And does the track refer to the same sound (and subs, if available) as the 70mm prints?
That was the case with Oppenheimer where I could run the show with DTS sound and Swedish CSS subs.
S/N 20952 (2018) unrestored version - 70mm prints only afaik (correct me if I'm wrong), so I assume your print is S/N 2354.
Just like the soundtrack, your subtitle files must match the serial number of your print. If my assumption with S/N 2354 on your print is correct, you can’t use the sound or subtitle track from the 2018 70mm prints. I’ve just checked R1 of both versions, and the timing is NOT identical, so they aren’t interchangeable by simply manipulating the serial number.
Just to verify, If you have the print on hand and not sure about the serial, just post a picture of a foot of frames with the timecode clearly visible so we can determine it.
Then I’d say you’re dealing with SN 20952. I was told this is Nolan’s “unrestored version” from 2018. In that case - if the 70mm and 35mm prints have the same S/N - you can of course run the subtitles used for 70mm on the 35mm prints. I didn’t know there were 35mm prints for this release.
Thanks. I just got the same info from UIP Sweden after a day of confused E-mails back and forth.
Btw (and maybe a subject for a separate thread), these "licence keys" for CSS on XD10/20, are they still made? I managed to get some from ATI when we had Oppenheimer coming up.
Not sure if official licenses are still being sent out, but if all else fails, there is a way to bypass the licensing and enable all features on an XD10 (and probably on an XD20 as well) to keep these units usable for as long as possible.
Michael, I think there might be a misunderstanding here in this thread. Magnus Eriksson is asking about the summer release of 2026 on Nolan's new production "THE ODYSSEY".
They way I am interpreting your response, seems you are talking about the 2001 re-release which Nolan was involved with.
"I think not. There are 2 issued serials:
S/N 2354 (2001)
S/N 20952 (2018) unrestored version - 70mm prints only afaik (correct me if I'm wrong), so I assume your print is S/N 2354.
Just like the soundtrack, your subtitle files must match the serial number of your print. If my assumption with S/N 2354 on your print is correct, you can’t use the sound or subtitle track from the 2018 70mm prints. I’ve just checked R1 of both versions, and the timing is NOT identical, so they aren’t interchangeable by simply manipulating the serial number.
Just to verify, If you have the print on hand and not sure about the serial, just post a picture of a foot of frames with the timecode clearly visible so we can determine it."
As Magnus mentioned, it worked fine to use the same set of DTS discs and subtitles for the 35mm and the 70mm release of "OPPENHEIMER".
If this upcoming film is identical in both 35mm and 70mm, I would be hopeful that this could work in the same manor as "OPPENHEIMER"...
Comment