Hello all,
I've come across various references to the Cat. 94 Pentoptical Format Module for the CP100. I understand that it is required in order to use the various surround adapters with the CP100, but beyond that there seems to be very little information available about how it actually functions. Does anyone here recall using one of these back in the day, or have schematics or documentation that goes into more detail?
Looking over the SA3 and Cat. 116 diagrams, it appears that the external decoder derives the Left, Right, and mono Surround channels, while the Center channel is generated by the Pentoptical Module. However, the signal flow and the order in which this happens are still unclear. I am curious if the Center channel is derived before or after the surround decoder. Any insights would be greatly appreciated — thanks for your time.
-Connor
I've come across various references to the Cat. 94 Pentoptical Format Module for the CP100. I understand that it is required in order to use the various surround adapters with the CP100, but beyond that there seems to be very little information available about how it actually functions. Does anyone here recall using one of these back in the day, or have schematics or documentation that goes into more detail?
Looking over the SA3 and Cat. 116 diagrams, it appears that the external decoder derives the Left, Right, and mono Surround channels, while the Center channel is generated by the Pentoptical Module. However, the signal flow and the order in which this happens are still unclear. I am curious if the Center channel is derived before or after the surround decoder. Any insights would be greatly appreciated — thanks for your time.
-Connor
Comment