Burning DTS software

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phil Housh
    Newbie
    • Mar 2026
    • 16
    • Boise, Idaho

    #1

    Burning DTS software

    Maybe a silly question here. What burning software is recommended to burn disk images for software loads on DTS XD10? Or is any burning app okay?

    Thanks,
    Phil Housh
    phoushp@netscape.net
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1169
    • Reading, UK

    #2
    For an XD-10 I'd go with a USB stick

    If you have the older, golden unit (Aopen motherboard) it's only USB 1 so it's slow. Silver (Asus) units have USB 2 so much faster. The units are fussy about the sticks so make sure you format them FAT32 just for the XD10, if it doesn't work, try another stick.

    If you need to burn discs, I tend to use the old CDBurnerXP for Windows but I think you need to set the FS to UDF if not mistaken?

    https://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/filesystem

    Comment

    • Michael Zarits
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 85
      • Austria

      #3
      Official DTS discs are written in ISO-9660, any burning software that supports it does the job.
      If you have a USB flash drive at hand just go with Marco's recommendation. Wipe the drive completely (e.g. Diskpart+Clean) and format it to FAT32. Btw: For those who want to push it to the limit, XD10s with Aopen boards can be upgraded to USB 2.0 by adding a PCI card for faster transfers.

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #4
        Originally posted by Michael Zarits
        ISO-9660
        That's it, the other format

        For those who want to push it to the limit, XD10s with Aopen boards can be upgraded to USB 2.0 by adding a PCI card for faster transfers.
        [/QUOTE]

        While I am sure this can work, I personally wouldn't recommend adding hardware to an XD10. Adding HW means using system resources, activating drivers etc. The XD10 has a very tight Linux system built around it and anything extra could upset it. After all this is year 2000 Linux where personal computing wasn't doing so great!

        For personal use, I don't see an issue. For a public screening, I wouldn't feel comfortable

        Comment

        Working...