Need DTS XD10 clarification

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phil Housh
    Newbie
    • Mar 2026
    • 16
    • Boise, Idaho

    #1

    Need DTS XD10 clarification

    Hello again,
    I think it's old age creeping up. I'm trying to update a DTS XD10 software after replacing the hard drive. I have yet been able to successfully get the settings saved from the old drive. The old drive works. It is quite noisy. That's why I am replacing it. I have tried cd burning the disk in several different apps and formats but cannot get this unit to behave. I have read and followed the instructions but am unclear if I need to burn a bootable disk or do I just copy the files to a CD. What software are you using? I even tried to boot two different laptops from the disk and have had zero good results. Can anyone out there show me the path. I even tried burning a USB with the same results. Any direction would be most appreciated. TIA
    PPhil Housh

    phoushp@netscape.net
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    First thing I would check is that your optical drives work normally as expected. Are you still able to load soundtracks from either drive?

    If you don't want to put the old HDD back in to confirm you can instead confirm that they will read and boot any "known good bootable" linux distro or live disc.

    If that is a pass only then would I suspect something in the way you are burning your DTS Install discs.

    But generally they are ISO images. You need burner software or OS that can handle those raw disc image files written directly to a blank disc.

    I believe the other trick is you need to get the boot disc into the tray and then do a hard power cycle to get it to recognized that bootable disc.

    Ignore the USB route, although the latest version will get you ingesting soundtracks via USB, I don't believe the hareware bios supported booting from USB on XD10?

    EDIT: I believe I stand corrected from the other thread and USB installs are in fact possible, even if you were still on software versions couldn't ingest soundtracks via USB.


    I found the whole process with ours easier to be confident in with at least a monitor plugged into it, maybe a keybaord.
    Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 04-06-2026, 08:36 PM.

    Comment

    • Phil Housh
      Newbie
      • Mar 2026
      • 16
      • Boise, Idaho

      #3
      I'm going to try my ? nux mint bootable disk tomorrow

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #4
        You're not by any chance making a DATA disk with an ISO file in it, right?

        You need to BURN AN ISO - you'll find the option in CDBurnerXP I mentioned earlier on. When you burn an ISO the File System setting won't matter.

        Burn it at a slow speed and ask the software to do a verification afterwards - I believe it's the default setting.

        Finally, the option should be the default one but you can make sure in the BIOS the Boot order is set to CDROM first.
        Finally 2: the motherboard will only boot from the top DVD drive (Master). Unless you're certain, there is an option that that drive is faulty/has become a bit fussy?

        Oh one more thought: because you've removed the HDD in that nest of wires which is the XD-10, make sure you haven't unplugged the DVD drives by mistake!

        Comment

        Working...