Anyone ever use the XD10 digital audio out option on an XD10?
I guess another question that may eliminate the need to ask the first question is if the digital out DB25 is present on the back does that mean the optional DTS E632 card is installed? Or is the jack always there and there may be nothing connected to it inside?
I also note in the V2.1 manual it states that the cable can be no longer than 1 meter. Is that just earlier days of AES3 and being cautious and by the book? I already have what I would guess to be a 25' cat between the racks that was carrying AES3 the other direction that isn't needed anymore.
Reason I'm curious is I'm just wrapping up installing some different audio gear in a venue that still runs film and noticed I got an extra 8 channels AES input doing nothing and was thinking its kinda a waste to take some extra d to a steps especially when there is no optical backup involved with 70.
I guess another question that may eliminate the need to ask the first question is if the digital out DB25 is present on the back does that mean the optional DTS E632 card is installed? Or is the jack always there and there may be nothing connected to it inside?
I also note in the V2.1 manual it states that the cable can be no longer than 1 meter. Is that just earlier days of AES3 and being cautious and by the book? I already have what I would guess to be a 25' cat between the racks that was carrying AES3 the other direction that isn't needed anymore.
Reason I'm curious is I'm just wrapping up installing some different audio gear in a venue that still runs film and noticed I got an extra 8 channels AES input doing nothing and was thinking its kinda a waste to take some extra d to a steps especially when there is no optical backup involved with 70.
Comment