eCNA-200 low battery fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jason Raftery
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 41
    • San Diego, CA, USA

    #1

    eCNA-200 low battery fault

    Can anyone confirm if the 1/2AA battery (TL-5101/S​) in the eCNA-200 is hot-swappable? I'm getting a low battery fault but the programming in battery-backed memory is still present, so I'd prefer to preserve it rather than pull the battery while powered down and lose everything. EPRAD's published manual is silent on the subject.

    Thanks!
  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3093
    • Nashville, TN

    #2
    It's been at least a dozen years since I've had to do that. But... I always temp soldered or clip leaded a good back up battery a little bit down the traces from the weak battery, Then, using an isolated or batery operated soldering iron, un-solder the weak battery and install the new one. Then, disconnect the good one you tacked in or clip leaded in place. The whole operation takes like 5 min. You will probably also want to undo the face plate and orient it so it's easy to work on. I did all models of Eprad automation's this way.

    Comment

    • Steve Guttag
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3777
      • Annapolis, MD

      #3
      They are hot-swappable. Then again, sometimes when one gets a random mem-fault...the only way to clear is to pull the battery.

      Comment

      • Jason Raftery
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 41
        • San Diego, CA, USA

        #4
        Originally posted by Steve Guttag
        They are hot-swappable.
        Thanks for the confirmation, Steve!

        Comment

        Working...