Diode Source, High Reactance Rectifier

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brant Veilleux
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 2
    • Chicago

    #1

    Diode Source, High Reactance Rectifier

    I'm working on a Strong Type 61001 rectifier. I'm looking to source replacement diodes (600 PRV 85 A.) for the Bridge Rectifier and the Blocking Diode. I haven't ordered these up in a long time. If anyone has ordered these relatively recently and can point me in a direction where I can order some it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Paul Finn
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 106
    • Bay City, Michigan

    #2
    Some possibilities: Newark Electronics, DigiKey Electronics, Mouser Electronics.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      I used to have a local source in Chicago for glass passivated diodes. Those things NEVER fail like the epoxy encapsulated diodes do. But otherwise Newark, Mouser, or Digi-Key are both good places to buy from. There are now also diodes with twice the rating that are physically the same size and stud.

      Comment

      • Sean McKinnon
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 269
        • Boston (Peabody), Ma

        #4
        I am a +1 for getting a larger diode on the same size stud where possible!

        Comment

        • Gordon McLeod
          Expert Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 565
          • Toronto Ontario Canada

          #5
          I usually go for the diode with the higher PIV rating

          Comment

          Working...