Dolby MPX-4

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chris Wehrman
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 69
    • St. Louis, MO

    #1

    Dolby MPX-4

    Has anyone heard of a MPX-4 from Dolby. I asume it's a mic multiplexr but I can't find any manuals or info on it. If anyone knows about it or used one, I'd like to know about it. I'm looking for a multiplexr for my Cp650.

    ​​​​​I attached a Pic of it.

    Thanks,

    Chris
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    Accessory for CP500 and its internal analyzer.

    [EDIT]

    I may have spoken too soon. The MPX-500 was the plexer for the CP500. Perhaps this was a precursor to be used with the Dolby recommended ABACUS analyzer.
    Last edited by Steve Guttag; 01-03-2021, 01:18 PM.

    Comment

    • Sam Chavez
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 305
      • Martinez, CA

      #3
      The MPX-4 was created during the '80's for use by Dolby technicians tuning cinemas, in order to have a standard with Mic's and electronics. Hard to get thru the TSA of the day as the mics were clipped under the lid like little sticks of dynamite. Everything was powered by a little battery with screw on connectors.

      The multiplexer for the CP500 is called AT-5. Nice unit but it didn't sell well as it was dedicated only to the 500 and the USL multiplexer was a less expensive option that would work with any cinema processor.

      Comment

      • Chris Wehrman
        Film Handler
        • May 2020
        • 69
        • St. Louis, MO

        #4
        Thanks Steve and Sam!

        OK, so my suspension is confirmed, it's a mic multiplexr.

        Comment

        • Phil Ranucci
          Film Handler
          • Mar 2020
          • 70
          • Carpinteria, CA

          #5
          I found one on e-bay and have the same questions.
          Any paperwork on these things?
          It came with a battery adaptor, but no idea of voltage needed.
          Nice unit, would be interesting if it actually works.

          Comment

          • Marco Giustini
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1168
            • Reading, UK

            #6
            Does the AT-5 work with the CP500? I thought it was a USB adaptor that works on Windows and Smaart

            Comment

            • Elia Orselli
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 273
              • Imola, Bologna, Italy

              #7
              I think that the multiplexer for cp500 was cat.580/MPX500

              Comment

              • Don Furr
                Film Handler
                • Jan 2020
                • 90
                • Sun City, California

                #8
                Originally posted by Elia Orselli
                I think that the multiplexer for cp500 was cat.580/MPX500
                Elia is correct. It's Dolby's Cat. 582. I have one of those.

                Comment

                Working...