OUATIH (35mm / 2019)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #1

    OUATIH (35mm / 2019)

    ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
    2019 Sony Archive Print
    No Splices / Never Plattered (woo hoo!)
    Dolby Digital / SR / SDDS / DTS (no disks)
    Eastman 2383
  • David Ferguson
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 269
    • Edinburgh, UK

    #2
    It had DTS? Wow, surprising. Do you know the serial number? You can find out either by running it through a XD10 and the display will tell you, or if you take a few pictures of the film I can read it off the timecode. (The serial number is encoded every 13 frames)

    Comment

    • Jim Cassedy
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1450
      • San Francisco

      #3
      Originally posted by David Ferguson
      (edited) It had DTS? Do you know the serial number?
      I'm guessing that since they had to make DTS for the 70mm prints, they did it for 35mm too.
      The 35mm print I had here has already shipped out. However, we ran OUATIH in 70mm bak
      in 2019, so we still have the DTS files on our XD-10, & the serial number for that was 14194.
      (We only use the DTS here for 70mm. I found a couple of 35mm readers in a box backstage,
      but they look like they look like they's need a lot of cleaning & maintenance to make them usable)

      Comment

      • Michael Zarits
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 85
        • Austria

        #4
        Weren't the 35mm prints SRD only?

        Comment

        • Brad Miller
          Administrator
          • Dec 2019
          • 373
          • Plano, TX, USA

          #5
          Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
          ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
          Dolby Digital / SR / SDDS / DTS (no disks)
          Hey Jim, are you SURE about the accuracy of this info? I was also a bit surprised when you noted DTS, but then when you noted SDDS as well this looks like you didn't actually look at the print and went by some generic (always incorrect) shipping label on the box. Was there actually a dts timecode on the film?

          Comment

          • Sascha Roll
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 106
            • Berlin, Germany

            #6
            Both showprints of OUATIH that I have handled definitely only had SR/SRD.

            Screenshot_2023-05-23-03-57-54-384_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg

            Comment

            Working...