Face/Off (1997)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Markus Lemm
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 30
    • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

    #1

    Face/Off (1997)

    Face/Off (1997)
    Scope
    DTS / SRD / SR
    7 Reels
    138 minutes

    Kodak 386 polyester stock

    AKA Face Off

    'Event Horizon' was the attached trailer according to the DTS discs​

    faceoff4.png
    Last edited by Markus Lemm; 10-22-2024, 02:02 PM. Reason: Removed "2.40" from scope aspect ratio. Added photo from print.
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    Scope 2.40 is curious on a 35mm print. Does it exhibit slight letter boxing? I think we showed the DCP of that last season. IMDb technical says 2.39 too. I would have assumed 2.35 on a print that was shot on film and no digital intermediate.
    Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 10-22-2024, 08:25 AM.

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #3
      Hmm, I take that back, we showed the 35mm too. And I also wrote down 2.39, but I can't remember if we were seeing a matte line with our apperture plates or not.

      Comment

      • Markus Lemm
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 30
        • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

        #4
        I've removed "2.40" from my description and just left Scope. There are lots of discussions, especially on the old forum, about the specifics of different formats and their ratios/dimensions. I'm fine with just Scope.

        I have also added a picture from the print I ran.

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #5
          Originally posted by Markus Lemm
          I've removed "2.40" from my description and just left Scope. There are lots of discussions, especially on the old forum, about the specifics of different formats and their ratios/dimensions. I'm fine with just Scope.

          I have also added a picture from the print I ran.
          No worries, I just refreshed my memory of why the difference. I show enough classics here that 2.35 is stuck in my brain... though not typically showing vintage pre 1971 prints.

          Comment

          Working...