Since this was not Deluxe, sharing for others. USB drive arrived in a bubble envelope from Spotlight. Our programmer said it's like one of the only films they distribute?
Title:
John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)
Distributor: Spotlight Cinema Networks
Format: DCP
CPL: HALLOWEEN1978_FTR_2D-24_S_EN-XX_US-R_51_2K_IND_20190816_IOP_OV
Last 5 of UUID: 98223
Size: 113.4GB
Aspect: 2.35:1 (S-235), all content except maybe the couple studio cards/snipes at the beginning.
TRT: 1:31:39
Credits: 1:29:25
Crawl: (did not notate, very close to same as credits, just 1 static card I think)
Ending: Crawl with no cards, images, or hidden content, music continues after crawl in black for a few.
Other Comments:
The dialog in this 5.1 mix did not sound very good to my ear. Mostly just dialog levels kinda being all over the shop. Perhaps this was also true in the original mono. Maybe they lacked budget for boom mics? Or took some weird "distance from viewer" approach to mixing dialog levels in the 5.1 remaster? I ended up turning it up to 7.5 for most of the film for dialog inteligibility reasons over the 1200 people eating popcorn and candy, until the very loud ending where I brought it back down to the 7.2 I had tested it at. Also, films were just mastered quieter back then, even horror films.
Kinda wish they had sent a 1.0 original audio version, just to compare to. Our programmer owns like 10 versions of this on disc, maybe I'll borrow one out of curiosity.
Title:
John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)
Distributor: Spotlight Cinema Networks
Format: DCP
CPL: HALLOWEEN1978_FTR_2D-24_S_EN-XX_US-R_51_2K_IND_20190816_IOP_OV
Last 5 of UUID: 98223
Size: 113.4GB
Aspect: 2.35:1 (S-235), all content except maybe the couple studio cards/snipes at the beginning.
TRT: 1:31:39
Credits: 1:29:25
Crawl: (did not notate, very close to same as credits, just 1 static card I think)
Ending: Crawl with no cards, images, or hidden content, music continues after crawl in black for a few.
Other Comments:
The dialog in this 5.1 mix did not sound very good to my ear. Mostly just dialog levels kinda being all over the shop. Perhaps this was also true in the original mono. Maybe they lacked budget for boom mics? Or took some weird "distance from viewer" approach to mixing dialog levels in the 5.1 remaster? I ended up turning it up to 7.5 for most of the film for dialog inteligibility reasons over the 1200 people eating popcorn and candy, until the very loud ending where I brought it back down to the 7.2 I had tested it at. Also, films were just mastered quieter back then, even horror films.
Kinda wish they had sent a 1.0 original audio version, just to compare to. Our programmer owns like 10 versions of this on disc, maybe I'll borrow one out of curiosity.