70mm BATMAN (1989 )

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #1

    70mm BATMAN (1989 )

    BATMAN (1989)
    70mm Print ID: A-6
    Eastman LPP Print Stock (1989)
    6 Reels / 1:85 in 2:20 70mm frame
    6 Track Dolby "A" Magnetic Sound

    Cue marks are lab-dots, but almost all of them are in very dark scenes,
    with the motor cue on Reel 1 being the most challenging. Although this
    is a vintage print, it was in excellent shape, with outstanding color and
    sound. It almost looks like IB-Tech, but it's not. Very, very slight hint of
    vinegar odor. The print had almost no splices except for the leaders

    In fact, the leaders were my main issue:
    > Reel One arrived with no leader at all. I have a set of spare 70mm
    leaders I keep for situations like this, and attached one to use for the
    four shows I ran here, but 70mm leaders are expensive and hard to
    get, so I removed it after our 70mm engagement was over.

    >Several of the reels had leaders and/or tape labels with reel numbers
    that had nothing to do with the actual reel they were attached to. (For
    example,
    the HEAD leader on R4, is actually a re-purposed TAIL leader
    from R2, spliced on backwards) For my own sanity and for benefit of
    those who may handle the print after me, I added tape with my own
    reel numbers, written in Roman numerals, on each reel and also stuck
    a note in with the film before shipping it out that if anyone found the
    original reel number labels confusing, they should use the labels with
    Roman numerals which are correct.

    TODAY'S FUN FOTOS:
    Old style metal ICC shipping cases & metal reels. Weight was just under 300lbs.
    Batman_Boxes.jpg

    Color was outstanding on this 1989 vintage print on Eastman LPP film stock.
    BATMAN_WB3c.jpg

    Several customers commented on the good quality of the sound. Yes, I have
    a couple of Dolby tone 70mm loops in my collection I was able to test with.

    Batman_DolbyA.jpg


    BATMAN_Film3F.jpg
    ​
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 07-13-2026, 03:36 PM.
Working...