Usually I can tell from the DCI filename when there are choices... but Deluxe's copy of Hitchcock "The Birds" is more of a head scratcher:
TheBirds_FTR-3-1963_F_EN-XX_OV-INT-TD_10_4K_UP_20260310_DLX_SMPTE_OV
Valid From: 7/15/2026 8:00 AM to 7/16/2026 1:00 AM
Run Time: 01:59:22.8
Start of Credits: 01:59:15.17
Start of Crawl: 01:59:15.17
TheBirds_FTR-2-1963_F_EN-XX_US-INT-TD_10-C_4K_UP_20210624_USP_IOP_OV
Valid From: 7/15/2026 8:00 AM to 7/16/2026 1:00 AM
Run Time: 01:59:22.8
Start of Credits: Not Available
Start of Crawl: Not Available
Was one just a 2026 repackage into a SMPTE container?
Or 2026 maybe the anniversary edition? Rescanned?
They are both 4K Mono. I'm not aware what the "-C" represents after the channel count. Runtime doesn't give many clues other than the older one not having credits offsets notated.
In cases like this I would typically default to the newer date stamp version, and provided time look at each one if I have keys for both (which I will tomorrow).
TheBirds_FTR-3-1963_F_EN-XX_OV-INT-TD_10_4K_UP_20260310_DLX_SMPTE_OV
Valid From: 7/15/2026 8:00 AM to 7/16/2026 1:00 AM
Run Time: 01:59:22.8
Start of Credits: 01:59:15.17
Start of Crawl: 01:59:15.17
TheBirds_FTR-2-1963_F_EN-XX_US-INT-TD_10-C_4K_UP_20210624_USP_IOP_OV
Valid From: 7/15/2026 8:00 AM to 7/16/2026 1:00 AM
Run Time: 01:59:22.8
Start of Credits: Not Available
Start of Crawl: Not Available
Was one just a 2026 repackage into a SMPTE container?
Or 2026 maybe the anniversary edition? Rescanned?
They are both 4K Mono. I'm not aware what the "-C" represents after the channel count. Runtime doesn't give many clues other than the older one not having credits offsets notated.
In cases like this I would typically default to the newer date stamp version, and provided time look at each one if I have keys for both (which I will tomorrow).
Comment