Verity

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Verity

    An almost-bankrupt writer is hired to finish a book series for a bestselling author who was severely injured in a mysterious accident. She moves into their isolated rural home (this type of movie always takes place in isolated rural locations, of course) to write the book after she's evicted from her apartment. And then she finds a hidden manuscript and some strange things start happening around her.

    This movie tries to be a thriller along the line of The Housemaid (Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction, etc.) but it never really manages to crank up the tension. And the big reveal at the end is... lets say unlikely to the point of absurdity.

    I like high-tension potboilers, so I was a bit let down.

    I generally get a reasonable turnout for Colleen Hoover movies, so hopefully there's going to be audience for this one.
  • Mark DeCew
    Newbie
    • Sep 2026
    • 4
    • Syracuse, New York, USA

    #2
    I watched it through the glass from the booth of a multiplex cinema in the theatre next to mine where I am running film on a platter. I do not give it high marks, rating it a 5 on IMBD. The chemistry between Josh Hartnett and Dakota Johnson was forced and many plot points unbelievable. The best part was the house in Vermont, an Architectural Digest wet dream.

    Comment

    Working...