Anyone heard of Cu-Tone (Auckland New Zealand made theatre projectors?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mathew Bailey
    Newbie
    • Jun 2020
    • 23
    • Port Arthur,Texas

    #1

    Anyone heard of Cu-Tone (Auckland New Zealand made theatre projectors?)

    Wondering if anyone in New Zealand heard of Cu-Tone projectors? I've come across pics of them online,not just the projectors themselves,but also the soundheads & magazines,some of them used with other soundheads & projectors.
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #2
    I've heard about the brand a few times, but I've never ever seen one in real-life. I guess they were just a local manufacturer, in that short space in time where it was lucrative to so on that remote (set of) island(s).

    For some pictures, you can check this article.

    Comment

    • Jim Cassedy
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1450
      • San Francisco

      #3
      Interesting machine. Was kept in good condition and/or nicely restored.
      From the way it's constructed, it looks like it may have a barrel-type shutter, like a Motiograph.

      Comment

      Working...