Using Film-tech site & forums with tablets & phones (Apple,Android,etc.)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mathew Bailey
    Newbie
    • Jun 2020
    • 23
    • Port Arthur,Texas

    #1

    Using Film-tech site & forums with tablets & phones (Apple,Android,etc.)

    Due to recent & new changes to the F-T page & forums,is there a way to use it with phones & tablets? This is because most members old & new have a phone or tablet including me. (I have an AT&T LG phoenix 4 which is a smart phone)
  • Mitchell Dvoskin
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 174
    • West Milford, NJ

    #2
    The forum works fine on both my iPad & iPhone SE. The iPhone defaults to the mobile forum layout, the iPad to the full desktop layout. Being birthday impaired (old) I wish the font was a little bigger, but I have no trouble reading it and I can always zoom it as needed on both devices.

    Comment

    • Marcel Birgelen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3619
      • Maastricht, NL

      #3
      The Film-Tech website itself is still an old-school affair that generally only works well on desktops, notebooks and most tablets, not so much on mobile. But I haven't had a real problem using the new forum on a mobile device. The old forum was essentially unusable on most mobile devices, but this forum generally works well on mobile devices using a Chrome or Webkit-based browser.

      I agree on the font size, which is really on the small side, especially on high-DPI screens like the 4K screens I predominantly use.

      Comment

      • Frank Cox
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 2314
        • Melville Saskatchewan

        #4
        I use this.



        Comment

        • Jim Cassedy
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1450
          • San Francisco

          #5
          95% of the time, I'm accessing this site from one of several Macbook Pros or Airs that I own.
          At other times I'm either on an Android phone or a Dell tablet and sometimes occasionally
          I log in from a boat-anchor old Dell desktop. I don't recall having any compatibility issues
          between the old & new FT versions when it switched over. The laptops, tablets and the ⚓️
          are all running Firefox. My Samsung Android phonethingy is running whatever default
          browser it came with. - no problems on any of them for me.
          Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 06-10-2020, 06:58 PM.

          Comment

          Working...