At my drive-in theatre, when I advertise the movie starts at 7:45pm, the movie starts at 7:45pm. Been doing it that way for 21 years. Between my countdown timer, national anthem, policy trailers, Screen Visions ad packs, and 3 trailers - it clocks in right at 23 minutes. My GDC SR1000's automatically start the playlist 19:22:00 for a 19:45:00 show time. I never play more than 3 trailers before any feature. I don't like sitting through them, and my customers probably don't either. 2023 was the first year I've ever played ads before the movie.
The next time I want to see Timothée Chalamet I’ll do it from the comfort of my couch
Collapse
X
-
-
Did your Screen Vision contracts make exceptions because you are a drive in? Others said most ad contracts prevent someone from advertising a start time after the ads already rolled.At my drive-in theatre, when I advertise the movie starts at 7:45pm, the movie starts at 7:45pm. Been doing it that way for 21 years. Between my countdown timer, national anthem, policy trailers, Screen Visions ad packs, and 3 trailers - it clocks in right at 23 minutes. My GDC SR1000's automatically start the playlist 19:22:00 for a 19:45:00 show time. I never play more than 3 trailers before any feature. I don't like sitting through them, and my customers probably don't either. 2023 was the first year I've ever played ads before the movie.
I much prefer your approach as a patron, and wish everyone could do so, but curious how you swung it.Comment
-
Never heard anything about that. That was never mentioned to me. If they got a problem with it, I'll simply quit running ads. Not changing what I've done for 20+ years for some ads.Comment
Comment