Should I keep posting stories?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Should I keep posting stories?

    Having just embarked on writing another story tonight while the show was on I thought it might be wise to ask if you guys would like me to continue to post stories here.

    I pretty much just write them for my own amusement and never quite know what to do with them after I write them so I pretty much just email the stories to a few friends and post them here.

    I've always enjoyed that hardboiled tough guy writing style so that's what I try to do. I actually have two stories on the go right now. One of them is about an old neon sign and the other I've titled The Goldilocks Caper. Goldilocks seems to be growing to be a longer and much darker story than what I've written to date. I started with a beginning and an ending for Goldilocks and now I'm figuring out what happens in between pretty much as I go along, which is not the way I usually write stories so it's going in a direction that I hadn't anticipated when I started it.

    Anyway the point of this rambling is to ask if you guys want me to keep posting stories here since they really have nothing to do with film tech (or even digital ). I don't want to be filling up the forum if nobody's interested.

    I'll keep writing them either way though, since I'm getting quite a kick out of doing it.
  • Gordon McLeod
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 565
    • Toronto Ontario Canada

    #2
    I enjoy reading them

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      I enjoy them too!! But consider writing a crime novel... "What I Ran Into In A Dark Theater One Night"

      Comment

      • Mike Blakesley
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 2021
        • Forsyth MT

        #4
        I’d say,keep posting them. You’ll never fill up the forum!

        I have no idea how many people read what I write here. I enjoy writing movie CB reviews. Sometimes I’ll go back and read my old ones for my own pleasure. (Sometimes I wish I could use the edit button!)

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #5
          I say keep going, film-yak feels pretty open to whatever. If you feel like you are monopolizing board space you could consider sharing them all in a single long thread over time.

          Comment

          Working...