Kid in a Ghostface costume

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Kid in a Ghostface costume

    Here's one of the moments that really make running a theatre worthwhile.

    I'm playing Scream 7 this week and a family that I've never seen before came last night with a little boy about three feet tall (his mother told me he's 7 years old) dressed in a really good Ghostface costume -- mask, black robe, etc.

    They were actually the first people here so they got their popcorn and went into the auditorium, sat in the front row and I didn't see them again.

    But as soon as the show was over the little boy came racing out of the auditorium so he could stand in the lobby silently wearing his costume (perfectly in character) while everyone else was leaving.

    And everyone who saw him absolutely cracked up! One guy said, "Seeing this was worth the trip here all on its own."

    His parents were the last ones out of the auditorium and I told them that the kid's costume was a huge hit with everyone. They said that he's a huge fan of Ghostface and they brought him here to see the movie because it won't be playing in Yorkton.

    I had one of my other customers phone me this morning to thank me for having the kid there at the end. I think he assumed he was my grandkid and I had arranged it, but I really had absolutely nothing to do with it.

    Be that as it may, it was really great!

    (Scream 7 wouldn't be my first choice for a kids show, but what do I know....)
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #2
    Quite interesting indeed. Around here, Scream 7 is rated 16+, which is similar to "R". Movie ratings aren't considered optional, so here he'd probably not be allowed to attend, parents or not.

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      Here it's 14A, which means that anyone 14 and up can come by themselves and under 14 can come when accompanied by an adult.

      Which will all be moot after the end of this month because Saskatchewan is doing away with the current film classification system and will then simply require the theatre to provide "information about the content of the movie". There won't be any age-related requirements.

      Comment

      Working...