Film lab screwups?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #16
    Cobra was one of the rare "Ultra Stereo" films (including 70mm)...so that didn't help things.

    Comment

    • Harold Hallikainen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1073
      • Tucson AZ

      #17
      When I worked at USL, there were a lot of movie posters for movies encoded in Ultra Stereo on the wall. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Stereo says there were 1,255 movies done in Ultra Stereo. I never worked with it, though. The first product I worked on was the JSD-80.

      Harold

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #18
        I had an Ultra Stereo shirt that listed the movies (at that time) that were encoded Ultra-Stereo. If you look at the movies you'll quickly realize they were almost all "B" movie type slasher flicks. Every once in a while you'll see a mainstream higher-profile one, like "Cobra."

        Comment

        • Harold Hallikainen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1073
          • Tucson AZ

          #19
          True! I don't recall any Academy Awards for those movies... Quality vs quantity, I guess.

          Comment

          Working...