Cinemacon canceled over coronavirus concern

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #1

    Cinemacon canceled over coronavirus concern

    And another one bites the dust...

    After President Trump's travel ban from Europe likely knocked out at least a few hundred attendees and likely a dozen or two exhibitors (on top of those from Asia that have already pulled out), I can't say that I'm surprised.
  • Bruce Cloutier
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 429
    • Pittsburgh, PA USA

    #2
    I am bummed about this. We look forward to CinemaCon. We don't see it so much as a source of new customers, it is more of a chance to interface face-to-face with our customers who get to stop by the booth. Still... this leaves a hole. I wonder what we can do instead?

    Comment

    • Mike Blakesley
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2021
      • Forsyth MT

      #3
      You could still go to Vegas. Less crowded!

      Comment

      • Brad Miller
        Administrator
        • Dec 2019
        • 373
        • Plano, TX, USA

        #4
        Diverting to original thread...
        March 11, 2020 7:55pm PST By Matt Donnelly CinemaCon (https://variety.com/t/cinemacon/) 2020 has been canceled by its organizers due to concern over the rapid spread of coronavirus. “It is with great regret we are announcing the cancellation of CinemaCon (https://variety.com/2020/film/news/cinemacon-coronavirus

        Comment

        Working...