Supply chain issues reach a new zenith…

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • William Kucharski
    Pro Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 249
    • Louisville, Colorado, USA

    #1

    Supply chain issues reach a new zenith…

    Something I never thought I’d see…

    AMC Westminster 24, Westminster, CO

    5879652C-3F6E-40F0-816E-2676819BE60A.jpeg
  • Mitchell Dvoskin
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 174
    • West Milford, NJ

    #2
    Unless I was told that there was no butter available BEFORE I purchased my popcorn, that would be the last time I EVER patronized that theatre.

    Comment

    • William Kucharski
      Pro Film Handler
      • May 2020
      • 249
      • Louisville, Colorado, USA

      #3
      They did indeed have signs before purchase.

      But despite the signs above the popcorn and the signs on the dispensers themselves I watched three people approach management about it.

      Comment

      • Randy Stankey
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1388
        • Erie, PA, USA

        #4
        I remember one time when I was sixteen and had just gotten my driver's license. It was on a Saturday night when the ice machine in the bar broke down and my father handed me a bunch of money and the keys to his pickup and told me to go out to every convenience store in town to buy as much ice as I could get.

        I don't know... If I was captain of that ship, I think I'd be considering whether I should pull some money out of petty cash and send somebody out to the grocery store to buy a shipload of butter!

        Comment

        • Ed Gordon
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 365
          • Seattle, WA, USA

          #5
          Does any theater still provide real butter for popcorn? I suspect the sign should have read, "We are out of butter-flavored topping". Regardless, it is indeed time to run to the local grocery store.

          Comment

          • Randy Stankey
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1388
            • Erie, PA, USA

            #6
            "Due to supply chain issues, we are now serving REAL BUTTER!"

            The only thing that concerns me is whether a theater like that has a way to melt all that butter down and skim it off and whether there is an employee capable of doing it without burning the place down.

            Comment

            • Frank Cox
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2314
              • Melville Saskatchewan

              #7
              I've always used real butter for the popcorn here. I just buy it at the grocery store.

              Comment

              • William Kucharski
                Pro Film Handler
                • May 2020
                • 249
                • Louisville, Colorado, USA

                #8
                Originally posted by Randy Stankey
                "Due to supply chain issues, we are now serving REAL BUTTER!"

                The only thing that concerns me is whether a theater like that has a way to melt all that butter down and skim it off and whether there is an employee capable of doing it without burning the place down.
                I remember about a decade ago when they ran out of their "gourmet" ice cream, you could see that they had instead been using the absolute cheapest store brand ice cream available instead (it wasn't even Bryer's or something, it was Kroger.)

                Comment

                • Martin McCaffery
                  Expert Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 575
                  • Montgomery, Alabama

                  #9
                  If they want to spend the money they can get ghee in the oil department at many grocery stores these days. No skimming required.

                  Comment

                  Working...