The about the last year Windblows Update has been adding useless stuff that you may or may not see in the lower right hand corner on the task bar. Things like local temperature, News, Microsoft Store and a few other totally useless things. Those can be gotten rid of easily in the Taskbar settings. Plus you may or may not still be able to completely shut off the Auto part of Updates. That's because of windows Defender being changed. I have not tried it yet, but I read in a forum that completely disabling Defender should work, but you had then better have a hardware type firewall at access to replace it. If all this baloney MS is implementing is a peek at Windblows 11 then I'll be using 10 till hell freezes over.
I just overhauled a half dozen Lenovo Tiny desktops and having to do the full spectrum of updates is a pain the first time around. Getting W-10 was the easy part, it just downloads from Microsoft on to a USB and each computer had a digital license in it already.
I've been so impressed by these Tiny Desktops that I bought one to replace my HP-Z600. They are incredibly capable and fast little computers in a 7" square by 1.5 inch box so tough you could pound in nails with it. One may still need a good GPU and regular type Work Station for rendering or other power hungry work. If any of you are interested in a "Tiny", one buy one with at least a GEN 8 Intel cpu. I bought mine as a bare bones and put the fastest CPU, two SSD's and 32 gigs of ram. It is also W-11 compatible. Far as I'm concerned towers are dead except for the most demanding users.
I just overhauled a half dozen Lenovo Tiny desktops and having to do the full spectrum of updates is a pain the first time around. Getting W-10 was the easy part, it just downloads from Microsoft on to a USB and each computer had a digital license in it already.
I've been so impressed by these Tiny Desktops that I bought one to replace my HP-Z600. They are incredibly capable and fast little computers in a 7" square by 1.5 inch box so tough you could pound in nails with it. One may still need a good GPU and regular type Work Station for rendering or other power hungry work. If any of you are interested in a "Tiny", one buy one with at least a GEN 8 Intel cpu. I bought mine as a bare bones and put the fastest CPU, two SSD's and 32 gigs of ram. It is also W-11 compatible. Far as I'm concerned towers are dead except for the most demanding users.

Comment