Anyone heard from Universal regarding "Oppenheimer" physical formats yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #16
    Originally posted by Eric Richard
    (edited) I wonder how UNI will handle hiring projectionist and paying them?
    Is BLS involved in any way?
    I'll answer the 2nd question first: YES, BLS is involved again in handling some of the details.
    Although I don't have specifics in writing yet, I was informed by my manager today that I will
    be moved onto either a BLS or UNIVERSAL payroll for the duration of OPPENHEIMER.
    (I'm still a bit unclear on this- - but my manager made it clear he wouldn't be paying me)

    Also I found out from a buddy down in Los Angeles today, that his boss just confirmed that
    they will be running a 35mm OPPENHEIMER print for 3 weeks when it opens.

    The aspect ratio situation will be similar to what they did for Licorice Pizza a couple of years
    ago: 70mm will be 2.20 (ish) and 35mm will be scope. I've heard two different running
    time rumors- - one is 2h, 30min, the other is 3hrs. I

    Comment

    • William Kucharski
      Pro Film Handler
      • May 2020
      • 249
      • Louisville, Colorado, USA

      #17
      I apologize for my ignorance - what's BLS?

      Comment

      • Paul H. Rayton
        Film Handler
        • May 2020
        • 81
        • Los Angeles, Calif.

        #18
        "Boston Light & Sound"

        Comment

        • William Kucharski
          Pro Film Handler
          • May 2020
          • 249
          • Louisville, Colorado, USA

          #19
          Originally posted by Paul H. Rayton
          "Boston Light & Sound"
          Thank you for that!

          Comment

          • Harold Hallikainen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1073
            • Tucson AZ

            #20
            During today's 70 mm presentation of "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood," they told us that Oppenheimer will be shown in 70 mm at the Loft Cinema, Tucson, AZ.

            Comment

            Working...