1990s movie ticket found in subwoofer.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Devin McNamara
    Film Handler
    • Mar 2022
    • 82
    • Meadville Pennsylvania, USA

    #1

    1990s movie ticket found in subwoofer.

    I’m not sure if I should put this here, film yak or the afterlife but I’ll try here. So unfortunately due to certain circumstances our sister theater closed down earlier this year. I was allowed in by the owner to scavenge some equipment that was left over. I picked up a couple amps, some EV TS8-2 surround speakers and the best grab I’ve ever had. A couple of JBL 4645B subwoofers. One was perfectly fine the other I saw sitting out by the dumpster with its cone smashed in. Knowing I could re-come it, I swiped it up. As of now. I finally got the re-cone finished. Tonight I was fixing to reinstall the driver and noticed something laying at the bottom of the cabinet. One was a piece of paper towel, a wrapper from a butterscotch candy, and this movie ticket. It was dated for 1999 for the movie American Beauty. From the defunct movie theater chain, Loews Cineplex Entertainment. I found it strange how this ended up inside the subwoofer. Given the design of the 4645b the only way it could have gone through the ports at the front. However the ports angle up towards the driver internally. So the only way I could think it got in there was if the woofer was running hard enough to suck it in through one of the ports. Anyway I found this interesting. 6EA0EABC-199C-435D-B4B8-099D011DD2ED.jpg 3C70F023-EC2C-406C-BF67-5689419FF65E.jpg
    Attached Files
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    If the subwoofer was on the ground...then, the most likely cause was the cleaning crew with their leaf blowers blowing trash under the skirt of the front end and it fluttered into one of the ports.

    Comment

    • Mark Gulbrandsen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3093
      • Nashville, TN

      #3
      It's always cool to find the old ticket stubs.... As Steve said, the leaf blower cleaning guys are the culprits...Not to mention the dust they send to clog up the screen perfs. I had a single screen in Central Nevada that had several dozen ticket stubs, which the owner picked up and had framed to hang in the lobby.

      Comment

      • Mark Strube
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 33
        • Milwaukee, WI, USA

        #4
        Nice find! I was lucky enough to acquire a 4645B some years ago. It's a monstrosity in my home theater, but so worth it.

        Comment

        • Sam Chavez
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 305
          • Martinez, CA

          #5
          Mice is my guess. Ive seen whole nests inside of cabinets.

          Comment

          • Don Furr
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 90
            • Sun City, California

            #6
            Originally posted by Mark Strube
            Nice find! I was lucky enough to acquire a 4645B some years ago. It's a monstrosity in my home theater, but so worth it.
            Nice speaker. I use two on the floor behind the screen. Big sound in a small room.

            Comment

            • Mark Strube
              Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 33
              • Milwaukee, WI, USA

              #7
              Originally posted by Don Furr

              Nice speaker. I use two on the floor behind the screen. Big sound in a small room.
              My "theater room" (also my living room) is about 10' x 18' at most. The sub doubles as my center channel shelf. Connected to a bridged QSC DCA 1622. It rules.

              Comment

              • Jon Dent
                Pro Film Handler
                • Jan 2021
                • 420
                • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                #8
                My "theater room" (also my living room) is about 10' x 18' at most. The sub doubles as my center channel shelf. Connected to a bridged QSC DCA 1622. It rules. ​
                ​images copy.jpg

                And your neighbors probably think it's just a car with a jackhammer sub driving by. Repeatedly.

                Comment

                • Mark Strube
                  Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 33
                  • Milwaukee, WI, USA

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jon Dent

                  And your neighbors probably think it's just a car with a jackhammer sub driving by. Repeatedly.
                  I once got a noise complaint. It was from 3 houses down... across the street. (It was my birthday party - dance music.)

                  Comment

                  Working...