Windows File Download - Security Warning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ed Gordon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 365
    • Seattle, WA, USA

    #1

    Windows File Download - Security Warning

    One of my Windows 10 computers started giving this warning when I try to open a website from the Links section of the taskbar.
    There is no option to uncheck always....
    Then a few days later a second W10 computer started doing the same thing. I assume it is because of a Windows update.​
    After the latest Windows update I am getting the warning, "File download security waning" on all my Windows computer when I run shortcut from Favorites.

    If you are having the same problem the fix is to create a batch/command file and run it as Administrator. Here are the commands to include the the command file:

    PUSHD %userprofile%\Favorites

    ICACLS *.URL /L /T /SETINTEGRITYLEVEL MED​
Working...