Mailing Lists

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harry Smolin
    Pro Film Handler
    • Feb 2024
    • 158
    • Bedford, New York, USA

    #1

    Mailing Lists

    Hi all,

    Does anyone use a mailing list for their customers to sign up and receive emails? We're looking for a new mailing list service to use. We currently use Mailchimp and that's been giving us one problem after another. Any information on what you use and/or suggestions for a replacement would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Harry
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #2


    I've updated my computer operating system since I wrote that article and currently use this on Rocky Linux 8. It compiles "as is" and works fine.

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #3
      I just subscribed to ours to see if I can deduce from the footer links what service we use. They just had two of their mailings selected by the museum of modern emails, which is an interesting site if you are into arts/nonprofit marketing design.

      Comment

      • Harold Hallikainen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1072
        • Tucson AZ

        #4
        I do a bunch of mailing lists using mailman. It is typically used for discussions, so on announce only lists, I just set all subscribers to moderated.

        Frank, your program looks nice!

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #5
          I was able to deduce what our team uses from the unsubscribe page.

          We appear to use Wordfly to great effect, can do both email, sms, surveys, and special landing pages etc.
          Connect with your audience using WordFly, the digital marketing platform for arts and culture organizations. Create beautiful emails, automations, SMS, surveys, RSVPs, and web pages. Try free for 30 days!

          Comment

          • Harold Hallikainen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1072
            • Tucson AZ

            #6
            For sites using Word Press, there is a plugin that emails any new post to a list of subscribers. The plugin is called Email Posts To Subscribers ( https://www.gopiplus.com/work/2014/0...o-subscribers/ ). We use it for our neighborhood association (https://Mitman.org ).

            Comment

            Working...