Maybe I'm missing something, but I somehow fail to see how this is connected to Walmart trying to leverage their often massive parking lots for other uses in times that they're not being used by the shopping public.
I see one other "mega-corp" here being involved: AT&T. Probably as an advertising channel and easier access to the considerable catalog at Warner Brother's disposal. While this also might be "just a money grab", this sounds more sophisticated than one of the world's largest retailers just looking for another way to cash-in on their assets mostly on the back of others, in this case, the independent exhibition industry.
I see one other "mega-corp" here being involved: AT&T. Probably as an advertising channel and easier access to the considerable catalog at Warner Brother's disposal. While this also might be "just a money grab", this sounds more sophisticated than one of the world's largest retailers just looking for another way to cash-in on their assets mostly on the back of others, in this case, the independent exhibition industry.
Comment