It' weird how complicated simple money transfer seem to be in some developed parts of the word. I log into our company bank account using standard credentials. I choose 'new transfer', I type in the first letters of the studio I want to pay, the website autocompletes 'Warner Brothers Germany' and fills in all their account details. I am free to reuse the transaction data of my previous transfer or edit/add new data. I input the amount to transfer (which is the exact amount that will arrive on Warners account). I click 'transfer', and it's done. If I need one, I create or print a PDF of transaction details, or I can do so anytime afterwards. This whole thing takes not a minute to complete and the money is on Warners account the next day. This works across all European countries with every single receiving bank that exists.
Studios moving away from accepting checks for film rent payments
Collapse
X
-
-
I'm a tad bemused at how the US banking systems always seem to be a step behind Europe - the adoption of Chip and PIN is another example. The last time I had to deal with a cheque was two years ago, and I haven't written one in over ten.Comment
-
I don't even get an email from mine! After spending more time at the bank, come to find out I can't even get a simple PDF download of the page that shows the transaction! I can print it and scan it and then send it, but even then its a bare page simply showing the name of the payee and the amount. Hardly looks official and I hope they accept it. Bank says that's the best I can get. Very advanced service in 2024.
Comment
-
There really isn't anything special that converting to PDF would make better. It's just such a basic "confirmation" I can't really think any distrib would consider it proof. It's rather laughable to me.
I might as well just type "Payment Sent" in Notepad and send it.
Comment
Comment