At the Rocky Mountain convention this year, sentiment seemed to run in favor of Rewards programs for movie theaters. "You really need to get something like this going," said presenter after presenter, and of course all of the major software outfits have rewards programs built into their systems.
Since we like to stay on the forefront of things and much as we can, within our limits of course, I started designing a rewards program in my head as we made our way home. I was half-way through digesting the super-complicated instructions, procedures, menus, and settings in RTS when it kind of hit me: What's the purpose of this anyway?
I figured, the main reason for a rewards program is to get people to go to movies more often. But does it have that effect? Or would we just be throwing money into a program that wouldn't result in any more business?
I think if we had other theaters in town, we might want to do Rewards to make us competetive, but there are no other theaters here, so that part's not necessary.
I thought it might be good to have a two question survey: "Would you like to see us create a rewards program?" and "If yes, would you still be in favor if we had to raise prices to pay for the program?"
Is there anyone out there who operates a rewards program? How does yours work? What are the pros and cons? Do you recommend it?
Since we like to stay on the forefront of things and much as we can, within our limits of course, I started designing a rewards program in my head as we made our way home. I was half-way through digesting the super-complicated instructions, procedures, menus, and settings in RTS when it kind of hit me: What's the purpose of this anyway?
I figured, the main reason for a rewards program is to get people to go to movies more often. But does it have that effect? Or would we just be throwing money into a program that wouldn't result in any more business?
I think if we had other theaters in town, we might want to do Rewards to make us competetive, but there are no other theaters here, so that part's not necessary.
I thought it might be good to have a two question survey: "Would you like to see us create a rewards program?" and "If yes, would you still be in favor if we had to raise prices to pay for the program?"
Is there anyone out there who operates a rewards program? How does yours work? What are the pros and cons? Do you recommend it?
Comment