Netflix booking contact?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Joachim Schneider
    Newbie
    • Apr 2023
    • 7
    • Princeton, il

    #1

    Netflix booking contact?

    Could someone please share an email for theatrical bookings for Netflix?
    Thanks,
    Jay
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #2
    First of all, let me state up front that as a projectionguy, I know almost nothing about, nor
    have I ever had any involvement with the booking process at any venue I've worked at.
    Whenever a customer or friends complain to me about a movie, my standard response is:
    "I don't book'em, I just play'em"

    That being said, we've played NETFLIX theatrical content on more than one occasion at
    where I work, and my impression has always been that we didn't reach out to them to get
    the content, but rather they've reached out to us to book an auditorium. In other words,
    they've more or less done a 'buy-out' of the auditorium for one or more shows.
    I think sometimes they handle all the ticketing duties, sometimes it's done through us.

    And be prepared to deal with one or more Netflix 'handlers' who may show up at your
    screenings. Most of them are OK, but there have been a few, who I've found personally
    annoying. Maybe that's just my problem, maybe not. Some of them probably find me
    annoying too! "Your mileage may vary." Also be prepared to deal with a multiplicity of
    assorted aspect ratios. At a recent film festival we had to come up with FOURTEEN
    friggin' masking & lens presets, 95% of them specifically for Netflix content.
    (and yes, they had somebody there to check them! )

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #3
      Last year someone asked a similar question (and got an answer), found via search:

      https://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/...etflix-contact

      Just as an aside, for a business model of making films to be seen, ideally in a cinema, it seems obtusely difficult to book them without an insiders rolodex. Somewhat true for all studios, but especially so the ones originating from streaming platforms. But I'm also an outsider to that side of the business.

      Comment

      Working...