Unable to access the Deluxe "One" portal...still

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Blakesley
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2021
    • Forsyth MT

    #1

    Unable to access the Deluxe "One" portal...still

    A long time ago I wrote about how I couldn't get into the Deluxe website (the key download site). I still can't get into it. I still get my keys, but through email, which is more cumbersome.

    The routine is always the same:

    - Enter username (which is my email) and password

    - It says "your password will expire in 3 days, enter a new password"

    - Upon doing that, it says "password update successful"

    - When I log in with the new password, it says "Login unsuccessful"

    - If I go to the 'forgot password' link, it says they sent me a link to reset my password, but the link never arrives (and I'm sure if it did, I would circle back to the password update step). Yes, I've checked my junk folder.

    Anyone else having this issue and what did you do about it? I have sent an email to Deluxe, again, hoping the unhelpful people I dealt with the last time have moved on to more lucrative careers by now.
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #2
    Apologies i you've already tried this, but:
    Whenever I've had a logon issue with the Deluxe web portal, clearing their old cookies and
    past Deluxe logons or logon attempts out of my browser history has solved the problem.
    You don't necessarily have to delete ALL your cookies, just those related to Deluxe. The
    only time that hasn't worked is at one venue where it was after an upgrade was done on
    their corporate firewall, which for some reason had Deluxe flagged as a "potentially
    harmful' website. I had no trouble once I got them 'white-listed' in the firewall. The
    problem may even be with some obscure internet oddity at Deluxe.
    Maybe Deluxe might need to white-list Montana.
    (. . just kidding. MT is a beautiful state!)

    But i feel your frustration! I went though the 'change your password' Sisyphean doom
    loop earlier earlier this year with my utility company. Their website would tell me that I
    had to change my password, and so I would come up with a new p-w and their system
    would accept it, ("password accepted") and then instruct me to log in with the new p-w.
    But when I did that, it would tell me that my password 'expired 3 days ago' and that I
    had to enter a new one. Clearing my old utility system cookies didn't help. I finally
    logged in and did the password change using a computer at work, and that fixed it,
    and I was even able to log in from at home again. Sometimes the internet is just evil.
    Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 11-19-2025, 09:54 AM.

    Comment

    • Mike Blakesley
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2021
      • Forsyth MT

      #3
      At least this time I've gotten an email back from Deluxe saying that they "received a password change request" which is more than I've gotten before. I wrote back and confirmed that yes it was really me trying to do that, so we'll see what happens now. If I don't hear anything today I'll just call them. But thanks for the delete-cookies advice, I'll try that.
      Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 11-19-2025, 02:18 PM.

      Comment

      • Marcel Birgelen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3619
        • Maastricht, NL

        #4
        If it's as simple as a messed-up cookie situation, then starting an "Incognito Window" or just opening another browser you haven't used before might be worth trying before starting to delete cookies.

        Comment

        • Mike Blakesley
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2021
          • Forsyth MT

          #5
          Well, this time they responded to my email, sent me a password link and now miraculously I'm back on line. Thanks, John Powers of Deluxe Cinema Support!

          Comment

          • Marcel Birgelen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3619
            • Maastricht, NL

            #6
            John Powers sounds like a made-up name. Maybe their support agents are all called John Powers, or maybe it's now a lonely AI bot with actual password-restoring powers.

            But hey, welcome back to the 21st century... Imagine if only your server could automatically download the matching KDMs from that same portal.

            Comment

            • Mike Blakesley
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2021
              • Forsyth MT

              #7
              Imagine if only your server could automatically download the matching KDMs from that same portal.
              I can't remember if it was this year or last year, but I visited with the Anne from Deluxe at their booth and she said that IT WILL HAPPEN, but she couldn't say when it would be exactly. She said "there are a lot of security issues that they are trying to work through with the studios, but it is definitely being worked on."

              I don't know what "security" issues they could have, considering that key files are only connected to one movie and one projector at a time. If some dude from the local hacker grabs a key, what's he going to do with it -- unless he breaks in and steals my projector too. Even then he wouldn't have the content, or if he did, he'd get to see one movie before the thing would become a boat anchor.

              Comment

              • Harold Hallikainen
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1072
                • Tucson AZ

                #8
                I still like the idea of Theater Key Retrieval ( https://files.isdcf.com/papers/ISDCF...al-TKR-v03.pdf).

                Comment

                • Carsten Kurz
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1481
                  • Germany

                  #9
                  Email actually works pretty good. Yes, it's bit cumbersome to automate it, but it's not impossible for those who need to ingest many KDMs. Transferwise, we had zero issues in 13 years. We supplied two different email addresses (two technically separate providers) and some forwarding from the start, and never missed a single KDM with that method.

                  Comment

                  • Harold Hallikainen
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 1072
                    • Tucson AZ

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
                    Email actually works pretty good. Yes, it's bit cumbersome to automate it, but it's not impossible for those who need to ingest many KDMs. Transferwise, we had zero issues in 13 years. We supplied two different email addresses (two technically separate providers) and some forwarding from the start, and never missed a single KDM with that method.
                    Email certainly has flexibility and is universal. It SEEMS like a TMS could poll an email server (IMAP), pick up the KDMs and deliver them to the auditoriums. I have not seen a TMS in many years now. Do they do stuff like this? It seems like it would be pretty easy to implement.

                    Comment

                    Working...