Look at this ridiculousness:
Next to the actual theater I assist with, I operate an art gallery and coffee shop.
The gallery features seating for maybe 25-30. I have a small projector ceiling mounted (10 foot ceilings). Nothing even home-theater level of extravagant.
I want to show reparatory titles there once a month. Swank wants about $200 a title. Fine.
But they say I cannot advertise in the paper, no radio, no television, and I cannot have a billboard that shows the title of the film!
I feel like asking them, "Are you sure you want to do this? Because it doesn't sound like you want this to succeed..."
And yes, I'm sure they'd rather people go see the newer film next door.... which is bombing.
image.png
Has anyone ever had success bypassing these bookers and dealing direct with studios? I've heard rumors.....
Next to the actual theater I assist with, I operate an art gallery and coffee shop.
The gallery features seating for maybe 25-30. I have a small projector ceiling mounted (10 foot ceilings). Nothing even home-theater level of extravagant.
I want to show reparatory titles there once a month. Swank wants about $200 a title. Fine.
But they say I cannot advertise in the paper, no radio, no television, and I cannot have a billboard that shows the title of the film!
I feel like asking them, "Are you sure you want to do this? Because it doesn't sound like you want this to succeed..."
And yes, I'm sure they'd rather people go see the newer film next door.... which is bombing.
image.png
Has anyone ever had success bypassing these bookers and dealing direct with studios? I've heard rumors.....
Comment