AMC Premium Seating

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mitchell Dvoskin
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 174
    • West Milford, NJ

    #1

    AMC Premium Seating

    I read an article today that AMC is now charging a premium for seats in the center section of an auditorium. Is this true?

    It has been almost a decade since I purchased any concession items from AMC due to my experience of being in a line of maybe 25 people being served by one worker who would stop to serve anyone who walked up to the Stubs express line. .

    if this seating policy is true I will have to give up on AMC completely. If the upper management of AMC thinks this will push people into paying for Stubs premium level they should re-think this. It is far more likely that it will push people into taking their business elsewhere.
  • Mitchell Dvoskin
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 174
    • West Milford, NJ

    #2
    I just re-read the article. My post above was their original plan. What the article actually said was that there won’t be a premium price but rather that the center section seats will not be available to non Stubs premium or A-List patrons.

    Comment

    • Marcel Birgelen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3619
      • Maastricht, NL

      #3
      You know, if I have to subscribe to some shitty premium service just to get a good seat in your house, then FU and bye bye forever. It's like screwing people over is a legitimate business model nowadays. No-thank-you... AMC, have your Chapter 11 filing ready, you deserved it, at least much more than IPIC Theaters...

      Comment

      • Mike Blakesley
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 2021
        • Forsyth MT

        #4
        I can see charging more for premium seats -- I mean, concerts do it all the time. Sphere in Las Vegas has seats that are $150 and the row directly in front of that row will be twice as much.

        Whenever we have a movie for "seniors" we should charge extra for the aisle seats and the ones closest to the restrooms -- those always go first.

        But forcing people to join your "club" to make all the seats available is ridiculous.
        Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 02-27-2026, 02:42 PM.

        Comment

        • Marcel Birgelen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3619
          • Maastricht, NL

          #5
          Paying more for better or more service has been around forever and it gives me, as a customer, a choice. I can try the cheap offering and if I didn't like the seat or position, next time I can spend a bit more and upgrade to a better seat... completely fine with me.

          The asinine part about making something exclusive behind a subscription is that you can't even try what you're potentially buying. Also, making those products available only for regular visitors that could somehow still benefit from such a subscription is like shooting yourself in the foot: As a non-regular, even if I want to spend extra money on upgrades, you won't let me.

          If I'm a regular and you offer some kind of subscription deal that gives me discounts or "free" upgrades at the concession stand, fine with me, but, the "jumping the line' stuff is asinine too, especially if there is only one worker behind the counter.

          The way the world works is getting increasingly backward. I remember times where you would be invited to "exclusive membership programs" if you were a good customer, nowadays you need to pay for the privilege to become an "elite member", just so companies can bump their "subscriber count", because that's where the money is those days?

          Comment

          Working...