I remember once, back when we had our very first GDC server, they issued an update at some point that introduced some major improvements to the user interface.
Now it's 2026 and we're into our third server (SA 1000), now with a "browser-based" interface. It's the same clunky thing that it was when we bought it. I would think for the cost of these, they could make them a little more user friendly. Especially considering the amount they charge to "extend the warranty" every year.
I'd like to see an ability to filter out entries in the file list from the QNAP (or similar) server. For example, it should be able to filter out Atmos/IAB files, or show only the latest iteration of titles, things like that. Or sort the list by flat and scope, or OCAP vs. CCAP, etc. etc. etc.
Where is the GDC suggestion box and do they ever look in it?
Now it's 2026 and we're into our third server (SA 1000), now with a "browser-based" interface. It's the same clunky thing that it was when we bought it. I would think for the cost of these, they could make them a little more user friendly. Especially considering the amount they charge to "extend the warranty" every year.
I'd like to see an ability to filter out entries in the file list from the QNAP (or similar) server. For example, it should be able to filter out Atmos/IAB files, or show only the latest iteration of titles, things like that. Or sort the list by flat and scope, or OCAP vs. CCAP, etc. etc. etc.
Where is the GDC suggestion box and do they ever look in it?

Comment