I would rate the studio presentations in this order:
Disney
Universal
Warner Bros.
Amazon/MGM
Paramount
Sony
The all had their cool moments. Universal gets high marks for finally bringing Steven Spielberg to the big show. Paramount had Tom Cruise sitting on top of their water tower, but Warner Bros. had the actual Tom Cruise. Disney had Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. Amazon/MGM had a surprisingly good slate, although they stopped short of giving any details about the next Bond movie. I would tie theirs with Universal's, except Universal had Spielberg so that puts them over.
Overall the various slates looked pretty good. There's a lot of good stuff coming up. It's not all superheroes anymore, which is encouraging. There are too many horror movies. They say those are one format that's guaranteed successful in theaters, which I guess is true...for one weekend. After the fanboys see it, it's gone. Yet another indicator that long play-times should be a thing of the past.
I didn't get to spend as much time in the trade show as I would have liked. No clear contender in the "hot new product" category, except the aforementioned LED screens. There seemed to be fewer seating companies than usual, but that might have been my imagination. RealD had a big presence, pushing 3-D, and James Cameron gave an impassioned pro-3D speech, in support of his new Billie Eilish concert film, but it's hard to imagine a big 3-D resurgence just for that.
Disney
Universal
Warner Bros.
Amazon/MGM
Paramount
Sony
The all had their cool moments. Universal gets high marks for finally bringing Steven Spielberg to the big show. Paramount had Tom Cruise sitting on top of their water tower, but Warner Bros. had the actual Tom Cruise. Disney had Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. Amazon/MGM had a surprisingly good slate, although they stopped short of giving any details about the next Bond movie. I would tie theirs with Universal's, except Universal had Spielberg so that puts them over.
Overall the various slates looked pretty good. There's a lot of good stuff coming up. It's not all superheroes anymore, which is encouraging. There are too many horror movies. They say those are one format that's guaranteed successful in theaters, which I guess is true...for one weekend. After the fanboys see it, it's gone. Yet another indicator that long play-times should be a thing of the past.
I didn't get to spend as much time in the trade show as I would have liked. No clear contender in the "hot new product" category, except the aforementioned LED screens. There seemed to be fewer seating companies than usual, but that might have been my imagination. RealD had a big presence, pushing 3-D, and James Cameron gave an impassioned pro-3D speech, in support of his new Billie Eilish concert film, but it's hard to imagine a big 3-D resurgence just for that.

Comment