Recognize the Make or Model of this Masking Motor?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chris Rasmussen
    Newbie
    • Oct 2022
    • 5
    • Berkeley, CA

    #1

    Recognize the Make or Model of this Masking Motor?

    I'm looking to repair/restore this masking motor for a local cinema, and there's no written info anywhere on the unit. It's similar in size and form to an ADC Tom Thumb 873 MCS unit.

    In the grand scheme, it's not essential, but having serviced booths (and backstage, as well as snackbar, office, and box office equipment) since the 1980's, I certainly appreciate having a service manual so there's less trial and error.

    Any help ID-ing this guy would be most appreciated!

    Chris ~
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #2
    Good luck finding that particular model. Since it's seemingly a pretty standard chain-driven affair, I'd simply look for a new motor and put that into the automation. Strong sells programmable chain-motors with different sprocket options.

    Comment

    • Chris Rasmussen
      Newbie
      • Oct 2022
      • 5
      • Berkeley, CA

      #3
      Originally posted by Marcel Birgelen
      Good luck finding that particular model. Since it's seemingly a pretty standard chain-driven affair, I'd simply look for a new motor and put that into the automation. Strong sells programmable chain-motors with different sprocket options.
      Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Marcel! ~ Yes, I can certainly get an MDI motor from Strong (I've installed them on several screens, and they've worked well). Unless the stator winding is fried, it's generally faster, easier, and far less expensive to repair. I'll pull it apart to find the culprit but thought some of the older folks here might recognize it.

      Cheers!
      Chris ~

      Comment

      • Phil Ranucci
        Film Handler
        • Mar 2020
        • 70
        • Carpinteria, CA

        #4
        Looks like an Automated Devices unit.

        Do you have pictures of the open/close/stop panel?
        Does it have an extra control box on the wall behind the screens?
        If you register there you can get manuals.
        Last edited by Phil Ranucci; 07-16-2026, 03:07 PM.

        Comment

        Working...