Film Tech Forum Back On Line

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Martin McCaffery
    Expert Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 574
    • Montgomery, Alabama

    #1

    Film Tech Forum Back On Line

    Forum has been down for a few days. Just posting a message to make sure it works. Sign in password had to be reset. Otherwise things seem to work.
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1168
    • Reading, UK

    #2
    Thanks for suggesting a new password was required - with the old one I kept getting an error which could only be cleaned by removing the cookies for this domain.

    It looks like something went wrong when moving to the updated platform and new domain!

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      Testing 123... is this thing on?

      It gave me a system error when I entered my password but I did the "forgot your password?" song and dance and I think I'm logged in now.

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #4
        Same here - also had to reset my password, but now all good.

        Comment

        • Scotty Wright
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 138
          • Seattle, Washington

          #5
          Good call on the password. I was having the same issue having to delete browsing data just to get the site back.

          Comment

          • Sascha Roll
            Pro Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 106
            • Berlin, Germany

            #6
            Finally back online!

            Comment

            • Frank Cox
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2314
              • Melville Saskatchewan

              #7
              The software won't mark messages as being read unless you allow your web browser to run javascript from ajax.googleapis.com This is a new dependency that didn't exist here before.

              Comment

              • Leo Enticknap
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3572
                • Loma Linda, CA

                #8
                You need to allow scrips from ajax.googleapis.com in order to be able to log on, too.

                image.png
                Using the NoScript plugin, I allow it temporarily while using F-T.

                Comment

                • Rick Cohen
                  Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 93
                  • Lockport, New York

                  #9
                  Username: manager
                  Password: password

                  I'm in!

                  Comment

                  • Bruce Cloutier
                    Pro Film Handler
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 429
                    • Pittsburgh, PA USA

                    #10
                    I am back in. We're curious as to what happened?

                    Comment

                    • Steve Guttag
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3777
                      • Annapolis, MD

                      #11
                      Me thinks the bbs program "vBulletin" either forced or it was deemed prudent to update to this version in order to prevent security issues or other support.

                      Comment

                      • Ryan Gallagher
                        Film God
                        • Nov 2022
                        • 2855
                        • Austin, Texas, USA

                        #12
                        On my phone it was still erroring out trying to log in using my old pw combo. I've updated password (via the forgot mechanism) on desktop, and at least that is working. Will clear browser data on the phone and see if that does the trick.

                        I was on vacation and only tried a couple times since I got back with same result.

                        Comment

                        • Ryan Gallagher
                          Film God
                          • Nov 2022
                          • 2855
                          • Austin, Texas, USA

                          #13
                          That worked. Cheers to those who shared as much.

                          Comment

                          • Kyle Mikolajczyk
                            Film Handler
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 78
                            • Worcester, MA

                            #14
                            I’m more curious about why it’s a new domain name. My work firewall blocks new DNS domains by default. But glad it’s back

                            Comment

                            • Harold Hallikainen
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 1072
                              • Tucson AZ

                              #15
                              I kept getting "System Error," but managed to get to the change password page using the incongnito mode on Chrome. The password reset asks for your email address, but my password manager stores the username (which is my name instead of email), so I had to search through old email to determine which one of my several email addresses I used to sign up. But, it's all working now.

                              Thanks for keeping this excellent resource going!

                              Comment

                              Working...