The Comsore - Rentrak being un-merged

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    The Comsore - Rentrak being un-merged

    A notice showed up on the Comscore/Rentrak box office reporting website a week or so ago saying that the url will be changing from comscore.com to rentrak.com, which is what it used to be before Comscore bought out Rentrak in 2016.

    I just got another email from them last night telling me to change comscore.com to rentrak.com in their box office reporting address.

    So I asked Mr. Google what's going on and got a link to this article:

    https://www.boxofficepro.com/comscor...ch-as-rentrak/

    Comscore has entered into an agreement with Flix Buyer Inc., a division of private equity firm Advaya Capital, for the sale of Comscore Movies, which tracks data—including box office numbers—from cinemas both in the United States and internationally. Initially acquired by Comscore in 2016, Comscore Movies will operate under its pre-merger brand identity, Rentrak.
    So Rentrak is back to being Rentrak and no longer Comscore.

    The box office reporting website still says "Comscore Swift" in its title, so nobody has got around to changing that yet.
    Last edited by Frank Cox; 09-18-2026, 02:28 PM. Reason: I see that I messed up the thread title but the edit function doesn't allow me to fix it.
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    Hollywood Software, which owns ACE (previously TCC) TMS software is now also Rentrak instead of Comscore (all done without ceremony).

    Comment

    Working...