Need a booker ASAP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nathan McLaughlin
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 12
    • Checotah Oklahoma

    #1

    Need a booker ASAP

    We just got some sad news our booker is ill , and his wife suggested we find a new booker .
    We are in a small town in Oklahoma with 2 screens ,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Nate
  • Randy Stankey
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1388
    • Erie, PA, USA

    #2
    If your relationship with your current booker is good, can you ask them for suggestions?

    When my dentist retired he gave me the name of the dentist he was turning his clients over to and asked me if it was okay to forward my records. I said okay because the guy was being professional about it. I have been satisfied with my new dentist.

    If you believe that your booker is being honest and is behaving professionally you might be able to do a similar thing.

    Being in the film booking business, they ought to know others who would be a good fit for you.

    Comment

    • Rusty Gordon
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 49
      • Fairview, TN

      #3
      Annette Ashurst booked for me for 14 years when I had my theatres. She is out of Fayetteville, GA. She was pure joy to work with. (770) 461-9851. She is in Fayetteville, GA.

      Comment

      • Nathan McLaughlin
        Newbie
        • Jan 2020
        • 12
        • Checotah Oklahoma

        #4
        Yep his wife gave us the two suggestions, and we have no problems I just like to check all opinions.
        Nate

        Comment

        • Mike Blakesley
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2021
          • Forsyth MT

          #5
          Clark Film Buying, in Bozeman MT is our booker. They do a fine job. www.clarkfilmbuying.com has their phone number. I am not sure if they have any clients in OK but it doesn't really matter these days anyway since everything comes from the same depot or via satellite.

          Comment

          • Jim Cassedy
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1450
            • San Francisco

            #6
            I used to use a guy named "Two Toes Tony".
            He got that nickname after loosing 3 toes on one foot during a knife fight.
            He was really good, although he walked a little gimpy.

            Comment

            • Jim Cassedy
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 1450
              • San Francisco

              #7
              < EDIT> I mis-read your post. I thought you were looking for a "bookie'
              Sorry!

              Comment

              • Marcel Birgelen
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3619
                • Maastricht, NL

                #8
                Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
                I used to use a guy named "Two Toes Tony".
                He got that nickname after loosing 3 toes on one foot during a knife fight.
                He was really good, although he walked a little gimpy.
                Now I'm really interested in the story of how someone loses two toes in a knife fight...

                Comment

                • James Wyrembelski
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 200
                  • Beaverton, Michigan

                  #9
                  I had already emailed you, but figured I'd put this on here in case anyone else uses this thread for their own info.

                  We use Cooperative Theatres of Ohio. As a new person in the business they made everything go quite smooth. 440-461-2700

                  Comment

                  • Barry Floyd
                    Pro Film Handler
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 136
                    • Lebanon, Tennessee

                    #10
                    We use Cooperative Theatres of Ohio. As a new person in the business they made everything go quite smooth. 440-461-2700
                    I'll second the recommendation for CoOperative Theatres of Ohio. They've been my booker for the last 17 years. Fantastic folks to work with.

                    Comment

                    • Don Furr
                      Film Handler
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 90
                      • Sun City, California

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Rusty Gordon
                      Annette Ashurst booked for me for 14 years when I had my theatres. She is out of Fayetteville, GA. She was pure joy to work with. (770) 461-9851. She is in Fayetteville, GA.
                      I second the suggestion of Annette. She booked our theares for the 10 years we had them. She is a pleasure to work with.

                      Comment

                      Working...