Christie Color Errors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sean Falk
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 34
    • Atchison, KS, USA

    #1

    Christie Color Errors

    I have a CP2308 projector that has been causing me a lot of grief. It's been having an issue where the image was appearing yellow, likely due to a missing blue value. Got in touch with our projector maintenance (after rebooting the projector and also reseating boards) and they updated the software which worked for about a week, until the problem reappeared. Based off what they initially told me, I'm guessing the issue is a blue light engine cable going bad. Has anyone else had this problem before, and if so what was the fix?
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #2
    Can you show us some photos of the issue? Full screen visible.

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      I lost the blue entirely in my CP2210 a few years ago. Actually, right from the day it was new new the projector occasionally (once or twice a month) came up with a "blue satellite error" but the error always went away by itself and never seemed to affect anything. Then it quit completely and I had no blue at all.

      The fix was a new light engine and since it was past warranty, I had to pay for it myself.

      Comment

      • Bruce Cloutier
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 429
        • Pittsburgh, PA USA

        #4
        Sorry but I have to relate a story. This was over a half century ago. My grandmother lived alone in a two-family she owned. My uncle (also named Frank) lived upstairs and he really needed to be in AA. Anyway to the point, her color TV which was the first she had ever seen failed and the serviceman told her the "blue gun was gone". She was absolutely convinced that Uncle Frank stole it.

        Comment

        • Marcel Birgelen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3619
          • Maastricht, NL

          #5
          We haven't been shooting electrons at a layer of phosphor for a while now. Though some of the early design "digital" projectors still included CRT "guns".


          To be honest, I don't think the fix here was the software update, but most likely the reboot. To add to Carsten's remark, if possible, try to take a picture of a test-pattern, if you're able to do so. A test pattern will usually instantly show if your problem is a missing color or something else entirely.

          Also, did you check the logs of the projector? Does it contain messages like "blue satellite error"? If so, then it could be as simple as the connection with the blue DMD going bad, but it could also indicate a worsening problem with the light-engine itself.

          Comment

          • Sean Falk
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 34
            • Atchison, KS, USA

            #6
            Rebooting unfortunately has only been a very temporary fix. Honestly the update they pushed kept it running normal a lot longer than anything else I had tried.
            I had a look at the logs, but I'm not seeing really anything too useful with my level of knowledge, the techs sent logs off to christie (they're actually doing it again today)


            IMG_6377 - Copy.jpg

            Comment

            Working...