Christie Projector Selecting HDMI input of Doremi (Dolby IMS) servers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #1

    Christie Projector Selecting HDMI input of Doremi (Dolby IMS) servers

    For those of you that use Christie projectors and Doremi (or Dolby IMS) servers, do you utilize the "IMB-HDMI" input type within your "Channels?" If so, how reliable is it?
    I recently updated an IMS3000 to enable proper playback of 5.1 audio content (earlier versions of the IMS3000 software would merely not play audio out of the rear surrounds for 5.1 so it was, essentially, stuck in 7.1 audio mode).
    The IMB-HDMI mode is definitely broken, if it is supposed to work. I've noted that Christie only has that mode on select IMBs. For instance, on a Dolby CAT745, the only option is IMB-Internal but on the Doremi IMBs, you get IMB-Internal, IMB-HDMI and IMB-SDI.
  • Elia Orselli
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 273
    • Imola, Bologna, Italy

    #2
    At the last training I took (2019) Dolby told to use only IMB-GENERICAL with IMS3000 (with audio processing enabled), because if you use IMB-INTERNAL (for DCP content) at each projector channel change the audio would change channel too.
    However, I have a solaria one with IMS3000 (server mode only) here, I'll try if IMB-HDMI works.

    Comment

    • Elia Orselli
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 273
      • Imola, Bologna, Italy

      #3
      Just tested IMB-HDMI and it works properly. The only issue is that BD audio is simple L-R, but this happens in any combination (HDMI activated from Christie channel, from Device manager and from live content SPL).

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        Yeah...power cycling the projector seems to have restored the function at our site as well.

        Comment

        Working...