I got scammed - paid for equipment which never arrived... need replacements

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #16
    Wasn't the DP2K-6E based on a design by Projectiondesign, a Norwegian company Barco acquired about 6 or 7 years ago?

    Comment

    • Marco Giustini
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1169
      • Reading, UK

      #17
      @mark

      What Pete said. A Dallas key is £2 on eBay, I used to have my own when I was servicing projectors. Really that is the reason why you're refusing to sell a particular brand of a projector??

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #18
        Sorry; following up on Steve's comment earlier that I forgot to in my last reply. The Christie secure compartment key is, IMHO, a much bigger problem than Barco's Dallas key. It's not the same model of key for all the production units of a given model - each projector has a unique key. So if the end user loses it and you need to take a card out of the cage, you are seriously buggered (as in, escorted to a cellar and introduced to The Gimp buggered). At least with a Barco Dallas key, if the end user loses it, you can program the serial number of the one you carry around with you into the CCB's flash memory, and you're good to go.

        We don't do much with Christies, and I'm only called upon to service them, I would guess, two or three times a year. If a projector's key is inexorably lost, there is a procedure for ordering a replacement, but it takes a long time and is seriously expensive: that projector will be down for weeks rather than days. I've only done one installation of a new Christie projector in the four years I've been with MiT. On that occasion, I put the secure compartment key on the pedestal pin keyring, and advised the customer that if this key is lost, he is potentially in serious trouble (and explained why, minus the gratuitous references to sodomy).

        Comment

        • Steve Guttag
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3777
          • Annapolis, MD

          #19
          Seriously, most people I know stash it right next to the cover in the well where the hex tool is. It won't get lost there.

          Comment

          • Mark Gulbrandsen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3093
            • Nashville, TN

            #20
            You guys go right ahead and babble on about Dallas keys, that's a waste of time too. What I do wonder is if this guy coul;d start a Go Fund me to try to recoup some of his lost funds. I can imagine that it was a large chunk of change...

            Comment

            • Sascha Roll
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 106
              • Berlin, Germany

              #21
              Hi Peer!

              Sorry for what happened to you - (pricy) lesson learned I guess.
              Unfortunately I cannot help you out with projectors (strictly SONY 51x here ) but If you're in Mitte and want to have a coffee and a chat about projectors and such you're always welcome at Höfekino ;-).

              Comment

              Working...