IMB-S2 no marriage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alban Birch
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 44
    • Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Europe

    #1

    IMB-S2 no marriage

    Hi

    since we don’t know how long our DCP2000 with a broken clock (RTC) will live, I tried installing an IMB-S2 into our CP2220. The project automatically did the update, but we can’t start the marriage. Since we have a 3.2.1 backplane, I unchecked the LD-installed. I then tried remarrying the LD, but that won’t work either with the IMB installed. I had to phisically remove the IMB to remarry the LD
  • Andrew Thomas
    Film Handler
    • Jul 2020
    • 83
    • Houston

    #2
    Are you getting the grey IMB indicator on the TPC? Or is it Red?

    Comment

    • Alban Birch
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 44
      • Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Europe

      #3
      I think remembering seeing both. Grey when phisically installed, red when selected in Content Device Manager.

      Comment

      • Alban Birch
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 44
        • Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Europe

        #4
        Hello again
        Do the many broken IMB-S2s usually show the same problems, if yes, which are these?
        Thanks

        Comment

        • Elia Orselli
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 273
          • Imola, Bologna, Italy

          #5
          If you want to use the LD you can leave the IMB in the projector but indicating "None" in the IMB installed menu. Same thing if you want to use the IMB: you can leave the LD installed but remove the tick and indicate "Christie" in the IMB list.
          The IMB has lost certificates if FIPS led on the board remains red and if the IMB status led on the TPC is red. If the IMB status is gray the projector does not communicate with the board (or the board is not completely powered up (most times this happens if an eSATA cable is connected to the IMB during boot with a CRU bay on without a HDD inserted)

          Comment

          • Alban Birch
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 44
            • Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Europe

            #6
            Grazie Elia
            I tried marrying the LD with the IMB phisically installed and select none (IMB) in the Content device manager, but it didn't marry, I had to phisically remove the IMB to remarry the LD.
            I'll give it another try one of these days and document exactly which LEDs are on and which color they show, aswell as Errormessages on the TCP. I had no cables attached to the IMB.

            Comment

            Working...