Barco Series 4, firmware version 1.5.1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #1

    Barco Series 4, firmware version 1.5.1

    Now available to download from MyBarco. New features and fixes as follows:

    1-5-1_releasenotes.png
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    I wonder if the SX-2000 is the SX-2000AR. That would be my presumption since the 2000AR and the 3000 share the same IMB.

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #3
      The SP2K/4K won't support an HD-SDI/Enigma card (at least, no claim is being made that it will, AFAIK), so I'm guessing it has to be.

      However, after my experience with the Doremi IMB,which resulted in four figures of otherwise unnecessary travel expenses and an annoyed customer, I would want to see personally, myself, that these older GDCs do actually work in an SP2K/4K, before advising a potential customer that they can upgrade their projector while retaining their SX-2000AR or 3000. I'd like to intercept the next projector that passes through our shop to test (we already have an SX-3000 for test and demo purposes), and if time and logistics allow, will do so.

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        Leo, the first GDC IMB was the SX-2000...which is a different piece of hardware than the SX-2000AR. The first one had the PCIe cable like the Doremi, the SX-2000AR (aka High Frame Rate IMB) uses an Ethernet cable, like the CAT745. The original SX-2000 really couldn't do 4K...they did some weird 4K-2K and back to 4K thing. The both used the traditional GDC "box" server. The original SX-2000 runs on version 8.x software (but with the "IMB" in its name), the SX-2000AR runs on version 9.x software.

        Do they leave enough room for confusion? They should not have, in any shape way or form, shared the same model number but GDC was sticking with the SX-2100 (built in touchscreen), SX-2001 (get your own touchscreen), SX-2000 (no internal mediablock)...so, in their mind, the box was the SX-2000 but most people think in terms of "system," not component parts.

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #5
          I knew that the GDC rack servers (SX-2000) could be used with an HD-SDI media block, and one of at least two models of IMB, one of which is the SX-3000 but without its server software running (i.e. functioning only as a media block); but I'd forgotten the nomenclature if I ever fully knew it. Thankfully, I have to deal with pre-SX-3000 GDCs only very rarely (two or three times a year).

          But, all this reinforces my determination that if we ever have a customer wanting to use an older GDC with a Series 4 Barco, I want to see the exact two models involved playing nicely together with my own eyes, before assuring him or her that it is do-able.

          Comment

          • Mark Gulbrandsen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3093
            • Nashville, TN

            #6
            Originally posted by Steve Guttag
            I wonder if the SX-2000 is the SX-2000AR. That would be my presumption since the 2000AR and the 3000 share the same IMB.
            Nope, The MB is a much newer design. But the IMB IS the same. The 2000AR is faster and can do some things the older servers can't. I only put in a few 2000AR before switching to the poiwer saving SX-3000.

            Comment

            • Frank Cox
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2314
              • Melville Saskatchewan

              #7
              "An intermittent start up error message..."

              Doesn't that seem like the sort of thing the folks at Barco should have found and fixed before releasing the update?

              Comment

              Working...